I haven't seen any football activities addressing WH-questions, so I have created an activity targeting just that.
Introducing Football Frenzy
A WH-Questions Activity
The above picture is the game board.
Each of the football players are color-coded according to a specific WH-question!
- The student can pick whichever color he or she would like to start on.
- For younger students: use a dice that only moves 1-3 spaces for easy counting.
- The game is easy - keep going around and around until the end of the game!
- Stop on each person and answer a question.
- Have the student (or the SLP) read the color-coded card.
- Once the student answers the question correctly, he or she may place a football on their score card (see picture below) using velcro, glue, or by simply placing the football on the card.
- Whoever gets the most footballs by the end of the game is the winner! The great thing about this game is that it is open-ended so the SLP can end the game whenever (just set a timer). The winner gets to place his or her pawn (use whatever object as a pawn) on the goal!
An example of the score card
For even more fun, the SLP and the student(s) can play paper football! The student is allowed to "kick" the ball (by using his or her fingers) as many times as he or she got footballs on the score card. Therefore, the winner of the game would get to "kick" the football the most!
As I mentioned earlier, the players are color-coded. The red player asks "who" questions, the yellow player asks "what" questions, and so forth.
Here are examples of the yellow player and the "what" questions:
Each set of cards has 12 questions. Just be sure to print the cards front/back so that the players will be on one side and the questions will be on the other side. Simply cut them out (and laminate them) and you're ready to go!
With the download you will get
1. One game board
2. Information sheets with directions and with a key
3. A set of red, yellow, blue, and green football players
4. 12 question cards for each set of football players (so 12 "who" questions, 12 "what" questions, etc.)
5. A score card that you can cut in half to make two cards
6. A set of footballs to keep score!
This is a 23 page download for free! Share this with your friends, colleagues, caregivers, etc.
Download the game here: Football Frenzy
The clip art was purchased from Scrappin Doodles.